Earlier this month, June 7th to be exact, Sir Christopher
There are a lot of fake movies featured on the TV show Seinfeld. Some of them were mentioned as throwaway lines, while others were used as major plot points in episodes. Here are 11 fictional movies featured on Seinfeld.
- Chunnel. This is a phony thriller featured in the episode “The Pool Guy.” Jerry, Elaine, and Susan go to the movies after they quickly become friends, despite George’s protest. The fake movie features the line, “Everybody out of the Chunnel!” which Larry David yelled.
- Death Blow. It was an action film featured in the episode “The Little Kicks.” Jerry and Kramer went a sneak preview with Kramer’s friend, who ends up bootlegging the movie. It features the tagline, “When someone tries to blow you up, not because of who you are, but because of different reasons altogether!”
- Rochelle, Rochelle. The erotic drama was featured three times on Seinfeld, in the episodes “The Movie,” “The Smelly Car,” and “The Understudy,” as a musical. It features the tagline, “A young girl’s strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.”
- Prognosis: Negative. Featured in the episode “The Dog,” Jerry, George, and Elaine want to see the movie, but Jerry is unable to because he has to watch a dog. Instead, they watch Ponce de León.
- Sack Lunch. Elaine doesn’t want to watch The English Patient, but she really, really wants to watch the movie Sack Lunch, in the episode “The English Patient.”
- Blimp: The Hindenburg Story. George watches the movie during the episode “The Puerto Rican Day.” He screams out “That’s Gotta Hurt!” during the movie’s climax.
- CheckMate. Also featured in the episode “The Movie,” Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer can’t quite watch the movie CheckMate together. Jerry and George watch Rochelle, Rochelle instead.
- Cry, Cry Again. Also featured in the episode “The Little Kicks,” Kramer’s friend wants Jerry to bootleg the art house movie. “So you cry, and then when you see the dancing, you cry again.”
- Mountain High. When Kramer’s new phone number gets accidently confused with Movie Fone, he takes it upon himself to look up movie showtimes for random people who call him. The fake movie was also featured in the episode “The Pool Guy,” along with Brown-Eyed Girl, Agent Zero, Chow Fun, and Cupid’s Rival. “There’s no higher place than… Mountain High!”
- Firestorm. Also featured in the episode “The Pool Guy,” Jerry boasts when Harrison Ford “jumped out of the plane and was shooting back up at them while he was falling,” while his friend mentions its “underwater escape.”
- The Pain and the Yearning. Featured in the episode “The Comeback,” Elaine falls in love with the mystery Vincent, a video store clerk who makes art house picks. It’s a movie about “An old woman experiencing pain and yearning.” Kramer rents The Other Side of Darkness.
For more fake movies featured on Seinfeld, check out NextMovie.com for fake movie posters. It’s amazing!