I love how much my dogs think they'll like Indian
Vodka is a wonderful, joyous blessing in moderation. It can be enjoyed in a shot glass, shaken up a martini, or infused with fruits, candy, or bacon. The liquor contains some surprisingly effective alternative uses.
1. First aid: Vodka is a highly effective alternative to running alcohol. As an anesthetic and disinfectant, it can be used to treat and prevent relive for cuts, bug bites, and blisters.
2. Weed killer: Dispensed from a spray bottle, alcohol can protect crops from weeds and associated pests. Can be used alone or in combination with dish soap or salt.
3. Pie crust: Everyone loves pie, and vodka can easily stand in for water. If the vodka is extra cold during mixing, it will promote a flakier crust.
4. Extending flower life: Flowers will stay fresher and live longer if their owners add a few dashes of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar into the water.
5. Razor preservation: Vodka can extend the average life of a razor through a mere few minutes of soaking. As a bonus, vodka disinfects and wards off rust.
6. Relief of minor aches and pains: Vodka can be used to make an extra-cold ice pack. Or put lavender and vodka in a jar, then leave in the summer sun for days. The infused lavender makes a useful rub.
7. Bandaid removal: To remove a stubborn bandaid without pain, soak the bandaid for a minute. It shall easily peel away with no adverse effects. Also useful for sticker removal.
8. Bathroom cleaner Spraying undiluted vodka on caulking and tiles will obliterate mold and mildew. Useful as a glass cleaner and will remove hairspray from all surfaces. Mixed 50/50 with water, vodka is excellent at removing soap scum and shining fixtures.
9. Bug and wasp repellant: Spritzed vodka makes human skin incredibly unappealing to insects. Will also kill the bugs when directly sprayed onto the insects.
10. Air freshener: Vodka (unflavored) sprayed into the air will refresh a room without a scent residue. Essential oils give the vodka an extra pop with a lingering perfume. Also works to deodorize shoes.
11. Hair clarifier: Adding a shot of vodka to shampoo will remove any product buildup and help eliminate dandruff issues. Also promotes shiny hair with some bounce and snap.
12. Toothache relief: With a little added clove, some swished vodka can help numb the gums and affected tooth nerves. Also great as a toothbrush disinfectant and antiseptic mouthwash.
13. Jellyfish sting neutralizer: Instead of peeing on yourself, a pouring from a vodka bottle will kill the ungodly pain after stepping on a jellyfish.
14. Wine (and vomit!) stain removal: Vodka can remove a variety of stains including red wine, lipstick, grass stains, and — yes — vomit from almost any fabric. A small risk of discoloration exists.
15. Fever relief: For minor fevers, vodka can be useful to bring fever down. A vodka-soaked washcloth makes an effective rubbing tool and just may bring fever relief.