We all know and love The Santa Clause movies. Tim
Bryce Dallas Howard, daughter of famed director Ron, got off to a rough start in film. She starred in disaster after disaster, from Lady in The Water to Spider-Man 3 to Hereafter, before hopefully finding her footing as a dramatic actress in The Help. Now, with Jurassic World coming out, perhaps Howard has found her groove as an actress.
Here are 7 things to know about Bryce Dallas Howard, aside from the fact that she is not Jessica Chastain…
1. Her godfather is Henry Winkler, who co-starred on Happy Days with her father, Ron Howard.
2. During rehearsals at the Manhattan Theater Club, she was billing herself as “Bryce Dallas” but later had second thoughts because she said the name made her sound like a porn star.
3. Performed her own stunts during the crane accident scene in Spider-Man 3, unaware that she was pregnant at the time of filming.
4. Howard is also an accomplished stage actress. Her theatre credits include a vast range from classical to contemporary writers such as William Shakespeare, Anton Chekhov, and George Bernard Shaw.
5. M. Night Shyamalan cast Howard for her role in Lady in The Water without an audition, having seen her perform on stage.
6. Jurassic World marks the second time that Bryce Dallas Howard has starred in the 4th installment of a movie franchise. She also starred in Terminator Salvation in 2009. In both instances, she did not star in any of the previous movies in the franchise.
7. On being in a famous family: “I feel like I almost didn’t grow up in the business, because my parents worked so hard at sheltering us from that. I was raised in Connecticut. And I honestly wasn’t aware that my dad was a celebrity until I moved to Los Angeles a year ago.”