With Covid-19 headlining every news article, it’s important to take extra precautions to boost your immunity. Now is the best time to promote your immune system to stay healthy and safe.
There are a multitude of dietary and lifestyle changes you can do to support your health and immunity during this time. One of which includes supplementing your diet with a nourishing, high-quality multivitamin.
With the spread of viruses and infections on the rise, it is vital to keep your immune system supported and strong. Although nothing can replace a healthy balanced diet, keeping your vitamin and mineral levels topped up with a multi can make a massive difference to your overall health and wellbeing.
In fact, studies show that fruits and vegetables today contain lower amounts of essential vitamins and minerals due to soil depletion, compared to produce grown decades ago. Therefore, taking a multivitamin may help replenish the body with the essential nutrients that you may be lacking.
But what makes a good multivitamin? How do multivitamins support immune function? What other lifestyle and dietary changes can you make to boost your immunity naturally?
Time to dig deeper and answer all your questions.
If you’re looking for our #1 multivitamin choice for immune support, here’s the quick answer.
Performance Lab’s Multivitamin is the best formula on the market, hands down.
What are Multivitamins?
Multivitamins are supplement formulations that generally incorporate a balanced variety of the essential micronutrients (vitamins and minerals).
They are designed to fill in the gaps in your diet if you are lacking in certain nutrients in order to prevent deficiency-related issues. As discussed, even the healthiest of diets in today’s world probably falls short of meeting all the dietary requirements, due to soil depletion.
Because of this, taking a multivitamin is a great way to support your diet.
But not all multivitamins are created equal.
Simply taking any multivitamin formula isn’t the answer.
You must ensure that the multi meets the following criteria:
Be “Nature Identical” and Highly Bioavailable
Because we are supposed to get our vitamins and minerals from food, it is vital to take a multi that provides nature-identical micronutrients.
Unfortunately, most multivitamins on the market today contain synthetic vitamins and minerals, that often have poor absorption and utilization rates.
Cheap multis from supplement giants use ingredients such as coal and tar derivatives for vitamins and rocks for minerals. If anything, these ingredients are often are more harmful to take as they are unnatural sources.
Therefore, always aim for a multivitamin containing nature identical vitamins and minerals, along with relevant co-factors – not just synthetic, isolated vitamins you find in supermarkets that your body will simply excrete (ever wondered why your urine turns bright yellow after taking cheap multivitamins?).
No added ingredients, no proprietary formula
Cheap multivitamin formulations are often loaded with unpronounceable preservatives, fillers, binders, and unnecessary junk.
When you are purchasing a supplement, look closely at the ingredients label.
If you spot food dyes, talc, GMOs, hydrogenated fats or magnesium silicate, it is often a warning sign that you should avoid the product.
The same applies when you’re not shown the exact dosages of vitamins and minerals found within a multivitamin; you want to ensure you know exactly what’s going into your body, and know for sure that you’re paying for optimal dosages of vitamins and minerals – to actually support your immune system and not just turning your urine yellow…
If the multi does not list the exact doses per vitamin and mineral, it’s enough reason to pass on it.
The bottom line is that proprietary blends are often dangerous, as you have no idea what amounts of each vitamin and mineral you are taking.
Do Multivitamins help your immune system?
Your immune system is very intricate. Certain vitamins and minerals play an integral part on your immunity.
If you are looking to support your immune system, taking a multivitamin is always best as vitamins and minerals function in synergy to promote your wellbeing.
These are the top vitamins and minerals that are found in multivitamins with a clear role on immune function:
- Vitamin D: A fat soluble essential nutrient, Vitamin D enhances your immune system’s capability to fight pathogens. Vitamin D can also help decrease detrimental inflammation and upper respiratory tract infections. As many individuals are vitamin D deficient, it is recommended to supplement with active Vitamin D3 to support your immune system.
- Zinc: A mineral required for immune cell development, zinc deficiency can lead to increased risk of infection and pneumonia. Supplementing with a multi containing zinc, particularly around cold season, can help reduce your risk of contracting common infections.
- Vitamin C: With a variety of roles on immune cells, Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that can help ward off infectious cells and oxidative stress on the body.
- Selenium: A mineral that is crucial for immunity, selenium can help enhance anti-viral defense when supplemented.
- B-vitamins: B12, B6 and folate all play a part in immune responses. B12 supplementation is absolutely key, particularly for those following a plant-based diet, as it is an animal-derived vitamin.
What are signs of a weak immune system?
Weak immunity can often be detected if you have these warning signs:
- High stress levels: The stress hormone, cortisol, can have a negative impact on your immunity. Chronic elevated cortisol levels due to stressors can reduce your ability to overcome and infection, and exacerbate inflammation in the body.
- You always feel under the weather: Contracting a cold is normal, if it happens two or three times a year. However, if you are constantly catching every cold that comes your way, it can be a tell-tale sign that your immune system needs a boost.
- Digestive issues are prevalent: Healthy gut, healthy immunity. Your gut contains trillions of bacteria that are involved in keeping your body healthy and infection-free. Gut dysbiosis (imbalance) can lead to weakened immunity.
- Slow healing times: Wound taking forever to recover? Still feeling sluggish from that flu 3 weeks ago? A weak immune system can significantly increase recovery time.
- Chronic tiredness: Feeling tired all the time is another sign that your immune system is not functioning efficiently. Fatigue is also a symptom of vitamin D deficiency, which is a critical nutrient for healthy immunity.
If these warning signs sound familiar, then it’s worth considering taking additional measures to support and strengthen your immunity.
Top Rated Multivitamin for Immune System Support
Performance Lab Nutrigenesis Multi is the best multivitamin when it comes to boosting your immune system.
Performance Lab uses an unparalleled method (their patented Nutrigenesis process) to grow nature-identical vitamins and minerals using natural ingredients. This ensures the vitamins and minerals are highly bioavailable for your body to utilize efficiently.
There are also no ‘filler’ ingredients. Performance Lab Multivitamin’s clean formulation excludes any additives, preservatives, binders, or excipients. There are no unnecessary ingredients that may be harmful to your body.
All you get is 100% nutrition per capsule. Of which 100% is actually absorbed and utilized by your body – unlike when you take cheap, synthetic multivitamins that you see in supermarkets.
Here are some other reasons why this is our #1 recommended multivitamin:
- Just enough of everything: The Nutrigenesis Multi provides your RDA(Recommended Dietary Allowance) of 17+ vitamins and minerals. No mega-dosing of vitamins and no minimal amounts either – they’ve got it just right.
- Tailored for male and female requirements: The Nutrigenesis Multi is curated as two formulations, adapted to suit male and female individual nutrient requirements.
- Active forms of vitamins: Performance Lab cuts to the chase by providing bioavailable forms of the B-vitamins, to ensure your body is able to utilize the vitamin with minimal work.
- No proprietary blends: Every single ingredient in the Nutrigenesis Multi is listed with exact amounts, so you know exactly what you are taking.
- Competitively priced: At 39$ per bottle and offers for multi-buy available, Performance Lab Nutrigenesis Multi is worth every penny.
If you’re searching for a quality multivitamin, you can easily buy or learn more about the Performance Lab’s Multivitamin on their website:
Tips to Boost Immune System Naturally
Alongside taking a high quality multivitamin, there are many ways you can strengthen your immunity shield naturally to defend against viruses.
Here’s what you can do to keep your immune system in top condition:
- Eat a healthy balanced diet: Fill your diet with antioxidant-rich fruit and vegetables to support your immune system and neutralize oxidative stress.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese can significantly increase your risk of developing chronic illnesses. As obesity causes inflammation in the body, it is critical to maintain a healthy weight to prevent a negative immune response.
- Practice healthy hygiene: Wash your hands frequently, disinfect surfaces, and keep your surroundings as clean as possible. This will help prevent the spread of illnesses.
- Don’t smoke: Filled with carcinogens and toxins, smoking is incredibly damaging to your health and immunity.
- Lower stress: As cortisol is the culprit to many conditions, keep your stress levels as low as possible. Stress can significantly weaken immunity if left unmanaged.
Coronavirus or not, keeping your immunity guard up year round is key to preventing diseases and infections.
Taking a high-quality multivitamin supplement, such as Performance Lab NutriGenesis Multi can boost the nutrients necessary for you to maintain a healthy immune system.
In addition to taking a multivitamin, practicing healthy hygiene, reducing stress, maintaining weight and eating a healthy balanced diet will all reduce your likelihood of contracting illnesses and diseases.