Nellie Bly recently celebrated a birthday and was so wonderfully
Ice cream is one of summer’s tastiest treats and pastimes. With more flavors than shoes in a woman’s closet, it’s no wonder there’s something for everyone. So, as the weather gets warmer, dive into these cool facts about ice cream.
1. Originally, Hawaiian Punch was meant as an ice cream topping.
2. Back in 2008, our animal-loving friends over at PETA wrote to Ben & Jerry’s asking them to use human breast milk instead of cow’s milk for their ice cream.
3. Ice cream cones were a delicious fluke. During the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis, an ice cream vendor ran out of cups and asked a nearby waffle vendor to roll up his waffles in order to hold the ice cream.
4. Surprisingly, more ice cream is sold in during winter months than in the summer.
5. Since the American Blue Laws in the 1880s didn’t permit ice cream sodas to be sold on Sundays, soda fountains began selling the ice cream sundae.
6. Rupert Grint, Harry Potters’s Ron Weasley, bought an ice cream truck with the money he earned from Harry Potter movies to become an “Ice Cream Man”.
7. Talk about the Good Humor Man. In a successful effort to halt a riot in Northern Ireland in 2010, a police officer played ice cream van music to stop teens from throwing bottles at van.
8. February 4th is the National Ice Cream for Breakfast Day, YAY!!!
9. Gold spoons are used by ice cream testers in order to taste the product 100% without any ‘after-taste’ from typical spoons.